Friday, October 30, 2015

Answered Prayers

       In the past couple weeks I have had two very specific prayers. One was that I would run into the lady that I talked about in the story Coffee and Deeds again. The other is that the teenager that I have been mentoring would open up more and feel more confortable around me. Both of these prayers came to be in the last couple weeks.

       Last Wednesday I ran into the lady in coffee and deeds again. She had come in with her two boys again. We were both very excited to see each other. We had a couple short chats between serving coffee and caught up on the past few weeks. She has decided to try out the Protestant church in the area! Our encounter was short but very positive and she invited me to come over to her house sometime soon. I am very encouraged to see this relationship start to really develope.

     Last week I invited the teenager that I have been mentoring over to my house. She was a little sky at the beginning and was displaying a lot of the same signs that I have been seeing in the past few weeks. We baked a cake and played some games and then I walked her back to her house. During this time she totally opened up to me. She talked way more then I have ever heard her, she was making decisions and even taking the lead sometimes. I also found out that she speaks a lot of English which is fairly normal for teenagers here but she had never shown this side of herself. All these things put together have shown me that she is becoming more and more confortable with me.

God is listening and moving in our work here.

My prayer for the next few weeks ahead are that I would start a couple new relationships like this where I could walk with people wherever they are at. As well as that these two relationships would continue to grow.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment