Saturday, September 26, 2015

Mentoring

I had another really positive week. I am starting to really get connected with the community. My Swiss German is starting to come together and I am able to speak a little in it. My routine is starting to feel normal and I found a church that I plan to make my home church here in Zurich. This week I was privileged to meet a beautiful young lady and start to get to know her. This teenage girl comes from a broken home with divorced parents and a mother with some mental illness problems. She needs someone to come along side her to build her up, mentor and just spend time with her. I have the opportunity to be this person for this year. This week we just met and spent about an hour learning a few things about each other and playing ping pong. Coming into the meeting with a little bit of knowledge on her situation I was so pleased to see her being so open even with a language barrier. She spent pretty much the entire time smiling and even laughing a little bit. I am very excited to see where this relationship is going to go over this year!

I thank God that he is using me in an area that I am very passionate about and there is great need. I thank God that he is using me at this time and in this place. I am thankful that everyday is a new challenge and adventure in my life following Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment