Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Great Joys

One of my greatest joys in my week is to work with the preteen girls in the area. I love getting to know them, planning activities and sharing Gods truth about who they are in Christ. My three main girls that come all are from very different backgrounds. One is from a museum family who is from Egypt. One is from a Catholic Orthodox background from the Balkon area. One is from Sri Lanka and is from a Hindu background. It is good to see the progress in this intimate group. They are really enjoying the time. They will often ask to stay longer or ask what we will do next time. They have gotten into some good discussions about religious differences and are starting to think outside of the box that they grew up in. I believe this is potentially the start of a transformation in their lives but also the lives of their families and communities. It is so amazing to be apart of this greater plan that God has for these girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment