Monday, August 22, 2016

Kids Summer Camp Week

This last week we had a kids camp week. We had about 50-60 kids everyday for many different activities. We went on forest adventures, played sports, did crafts, baked, had a big jumping church, sang songs and learnt about Jonah and how he was given a second chance by God. It was an amazing week where I believe all the children have became closer to God and his word will penetrate through their families as well. One child came up to me on the last day and said I have been hurt by a girl in my class but now I know that I need to give her another chance. A couple other girls who I knew before the week would always come up to me and want to have long conversations. They wanted to show off their friends, tell me about the activities they had partaken in and often tried to be wherever I was. With one of these girls at the end of the week her mother came to the evening BBQ for parents and children. I spent some time talking to her mother and she seemed pleased. A little later she came up to me specifically to thank me for taking care of her children and said she was going to send her kids again to the kids program this year. This is so amazing because this is a family from Shri Lanka. They are Hindu believers and when I first started working with this preteen girl she wanted nothing to do with Christianity. God is doing amazing things in the world and in our communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment