Saturday, January 16, 2016

Little Victories

        Over the past four months one of the greatest challenges about being here is not understanding the language. Learning a new language takes time, a lot of practice and can be frustrating when you have been studying for months and still hardly understand some times. This week I had a little victory in this area. One of the girls who comes to kidstreff ( the children's program we help run at the Protestant church) was talking to me like usual. In the past I have not understood her because she is very fast and probably doesn't speak in clear thoughts some times. I understood her for the first time ever and was able to respond accordingly this week! I just feel one step closer to really being able to connect with the people here. It is nice to see the progression even if it is just a little at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment